Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

How to make a single host name authorotative for internal request for a public hosted domain

2590     0

I have a public hosted domain example (*.xyz.com) for which i have entries for MS exchange server such as mail.xyz.com = 70.70.70.1 as the authority.   I configure my outlook server to be able to reach that server over the public internet.

When i connect to my internal network, I would like infoblox internal zone to respond to mail.xyz.com with an internal ip = 10.10.10.1 as the authority which points to my internal Exchange server interface and forward all other request for *.xyz.com to the public DNS server

How can i build this in infoblox ?

Re: How to make a single host name authorotative for internal request for a public hosted domain

Adviser
2591     0

There are two ways you can accomplish this:

• Sort Lists
  • DNS Views

With Sort Lists, you would configure A records for both IP's and then configure NIOS to order the preferred IP first based on where the query is coming from. With DNS Views, you are effectively creating two entirely different name spaces, one for internal and the other for external. This would allow you to configure the records exactly as you want but is much more involved since you must duplicate all records that should be the same across both views.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You