Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Network association to zone(s)

5197     0

Hi,

I don't know when or with what version of NIOS (currently v8.3.5) it occurred, but now it's causing issues when assigning FQDN(s) to not owned or defined IP addresses/networks in Infoblox. This is not a problem for Networks that we own because we associate the network with the zone/domain. The error message below is typical when the issue is present.

"The IP address x.x.x.x cannot be used for the zone abcdefg.com. Verify the network association in the zone properties."

My question is how do I turn this feature off globally in Infoblox?

Thanks,
bkward

Re: Network association to zone(s)

5198     0

I have resolved the issue.  It was either all or nothing when it comes to network association to a zone.  If you associate a network to a zone, all additional network where you want to use the zone has to be associated with that zone.  Since we were looking at over 1k individual networks and under 50 zones, it was becoming a pain when creating a new record.  Therefore we removed all network to zone associations, which ended up luckily being only about 240 networks that we had to remove the zone associations.

Bryan 

5198     0

I'm having this same issue. I'm not sure I quite understand. How do you remove the association? 

Does removing network to zone associations break anything? 

5198     0

Likewise am having the same issue and need some help here.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You