Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Permission via Extensible attribute

Techie
3144     0

Hello all,

i was learning today how to create permissions inside infoblox DDI, and i am bit puzzled. Could anyone confirm/deny this ?
Let's say i have a zone  'zoneA.com' i enable extensible attribute 'owner' with value 'greg'
Then i go to permissions, create a permission via group to which greg is assigned, and i do object permission in filters i select extensible attributed 'owner' i indicate that value has to be 'greg'. It find the correct zone, and then i add the permission.

But this does not work dynamically. Let's say that tomorrow i will create 'zoneB.com' i will also enable extensible attribute 'owner' of 'greg' on it. And the user will not have automatically permission to add records to it. I would have to open the permission page again, use the object selection, click find again and add the new zone that will be shown there.

Am i missing something somewhere ? Is this even possible to make this work dynamically ?
If i will have at the end a zone created every day, it would be painful to do this process everyday. 
The only thing i could come up with , is to write a script that does this for me every couple of hours to refresh this permission, but was wondering if this functionality is maybe already there.
In that way i think the Smart folders work. I create a new smart folder called 'greg zones' and i create it using a filter about extensible attribute 'owner' of 'greg' value.

Thank you in advance

Re: Permission via Extensible attribute

3145     0

I have this problem and I'd like to know if there is a way to set permissions based on an extensible attribute that doesn't require us to manually add that object to the group permissions evertime we add new data.

Expert
3145     0

Not possible right now afaik. Issue a Feature Request

Techie
3145     0

Thank you, i have reached out to infoblox rep about this.

Any idea if there is some maybe website about feature requests or should we go via infoblox rep about this ?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton