Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

API Call to fetch Report results and send to external server

Techie
4718     0

I'm looking to do something with reports using NetMRI's API.  What I want to do seems simple, but I'm not very experienced with APIs or programming languages.  Basically, I'm trying to get the results of a specific report in NetMRI and then send those results to a specific server on the network.  I know within NetMRI you can export report results manually, and schedule reports to be sent to email but this is more cumbersome. I'm looking to automate this process and send to a server as opposed to email.    Below is a link to a similar question that was asked in Nov. of 2018 but there was no answer.  I haven't found other similar questions, that have answers.

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/API-Integration/REST-API-Call-to-fetch-data-from-NETMRI-Inventory-...

Re: API Call to fetch Report results and send to external server

Expert
4719     0

We need to do something similar.  Some very verbose compliance reports, when generated in the "xls" (actually XML) format, exceed the site 50MB (sic) email attachment limit.  So we want to fetch the report in that format and store it elsewhere.  Or zip it and email it.

Techie
4719     0

Let me know if you come up with something.  I feel like the export options in NetMRI are quite lacking.  Email is archaic.  I don't mind spending the time to figure something out, but would be nice if it had additional options for exporting natively, without coming up with a custom api solution.

4719     0

Hi buddy, any further updates on this? I am trying similar stuff.

Regards,

Grady M Kidwell

Techie
4719     0

No updates yet.  I haven't had the cycles to work on it lately.  I was hoping to get some response on this thread but no dice.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You