Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Avocent / Vertiv Console Server (ACS) Configuration Management

3847     1

Hello All,

Does anyone have instructions how to set up an Avocent / Vertiv Console Server (ACS) in NetMRI for configuration managment via SSH?

Thanks,

Re: Avocent / Vertiv Console Server (ACS) Configuration Management

Adviser
3847     1

Going by the device support list for the current release following avocentsare supported:

https://docs.infoblox.com/display/N732N84DSL/Device+Support+List

ASC6048, versions 2.4.0.11, 3.1.0.8, 3.3.0.10, 3.5.0.10, 3.6.0.8

Are you on NetMRI 7.3.2 and seeing different behavior?

3847     1

Our ACS6000s are currently sitting at version 3.7.0.6 and we are using NetMRI 7.3.2. 

ACS 3.7.0.6 to 3.6.0.8 did not have much config changes, so I would think it should still work. 

I am trying to find documentation or guidance to at least get the CLI credentials past testing. I am attemptiong to use SSH. The test fails eventhough I can confirm credentials match in the ACS appliance and its managment server (DSView). 

I have the user at its higest pre-emptive access rights, so I wonder if there is something specific I am missing withing the ACS config to enable NetMRI to autheticathe and get the config. 

The device support list says ACS has been validated by support, so I would think there are procedures to at least set up CLI to the ACS. I cannot find any tho.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adviser
3847     1

I would open up a ticket with support, if it is not much of a change they can modify the device support bundle for your version. They would also be able to see where exactly it is going wrong.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You