CLI Credential Change - how long for NetMRI to rediscover and use the new login?

Guru
3341     0

Last week, I deleted a CLI credential from the system in an effort to force all devices to use a common login.

It still works, but since NetMRI no longer has it in the credentials list, will it automatically retry the other credentials or do I need to disable it in TACACS for NetMRI to try the other?

3450 devices were using that credential, so manual discovery is not really an option.  

Re: CLI Credential Change -

Guru
3341     0

I'll answer my own question.

You have to kill in TACACS and let it rediscover or manually rediscover.

From what I can tell so far, it taking a really long time to rediscover on its own. 

Looking at the credential stats, the good credential numbers are going up, the bad ones are going down, so it is slowly working.

This is taking far longer than it should.

Changing or deleting a credential from the list should immediately trigger all devices that use it to change or delete and retry the others creds.

I can't manually rediscover 3200 devices, so i'll have to open a case to get this fixed.

Guru
3341     0

Follow up-

Support gave me the CLI command 'reset CLI' which will reset the CLI credentials on the collector and force everything to rediscover them.

The rediscovery is moving much quicker now.

OInfo
Techie
3341     0

thanks!

JCook
Techie
3341     0

Is there a way to do this to a group?  Not sure I really want to do this to every device.  

Thanks 

Highlighted

Guru
3341     0

there is a 'refreshgroups' cli command that will force all groups to refresh.

I've had limited success with this, but it may do what you need it to.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You