CLi Credential Failure - Telnet

OInfo
Techie
4805     0

Hi,I'm having issues trying to collect configs from my cisco devices. Once a discovery is started; it fails saying that it has tested 2 or the cli credentials. This is puzzling in itself as I have around 5 sets of credentials.I have tested the passwords manually via putty and the like as well as the netmri tool logging and both works successfully with telnet.I have deleted all the credentials and re-entered it again; as well rebooted the box.I'm not able to collect the configs.Is there a known bug? Previous, 6.1.57, 6.2.2 version worked fine.Am I missing something?version 6.4.4.latestThanks. Regards

Re: CLi Credential Failure -

ETaylor
Techie
4806     0
I think for something like this (deployment dependent) you would probably want to get a support ticket opened (support@infoblox.com or support.infoblox.com). The key here would be to include the full text output of a Discover Now (Network Insight>Discovery>Recent Activity), a Discovery Diagnostic (Tools>Device) as well as the list of credentials you have defined globally in Settings>Setup>Credentials.From these pieces of info, someone should be able to figure out what the hold up is.

sglezakos
Techie
4806     0

I am having the same problem, was this resolved for you?

Stav

OInfo
Techie
4806     0

Hi, which version are you running? It shouldve been fixed in 6.2 or so.

If I remember correctly there is a bug that it adds a space into the password you set or it does not accept certain characters.

OInfo
Techie
4806     0

This has resurfaced on 6.4.4.7. Logged a call again. I think "\", "#", "(" are not catered for?

Re: CLi Credential Failure - Telnet

Weronika
Techie
4806     0

Hi,

I am having almost the same problem (with SSH connection).

Have you found any solution or have the support resolved the issue for you?

Regards

Weronika

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You