Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Config Search to identify switchports set to a vlan range

1486     0

My goal is condense VLAN IDs in a portion of my network from many to 1, I expect the way to at least identify the cisco switch ports in VLAN 230-240 for example would be a config search in a predefined device group in NETMRI. I am not sure of the syntax that would get me the data that would include the interface statement.  In my limited knowledge of grep, I could possibly grep for the access vlan 2xx statement and expand my window by 2 to get the interface.  If I get at least that I could extract and do a search and replace with my new vlan.  Anybody who can help me with the best way to get this accomplished all in infoblox NETMRI since I have a significant amout of switches that need the update.  If you have a better way to accomplish my task and create the change file all in infoblox I would appreciate the assist.

Re: Config Search to identify switchports set to a vlan range

1486     0

Hi buddy, hope this helps:

1. Create the VLANs.

2. (Optional) Set the desired VLAN-related configuration for ports.

3. Assign interfaces to VLANs. 

4. (Optional) Configure VLAN groups on your switch. You can configure any of the following:

• MAC-based VLAN Group Overview
  • Subnet-based VLAN Groups Overview 
  • Protocol-based VLAN Groups Overview 

5. (Optional) Configure TV VLAN settings on your switch. You can configure any of the following:

• Access Port Multicast TV VLAN 
  • Customer Port Multicast TV VLAN 

Regards,

Tristan Leroy

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You