Controlling CCS or Perl script to use SSH instead of Telnet

Expert
2069     0

Hello -

Is it possible to indicate to always use SSH instead of Telnet to login to a device that has not been fully discovered and no credentials determined?  We have a certain set of Cisco devices that have had SNMP disabled due to a Cisco IOS bug, but I still want to collect the config.  I thought that I could write a CCS or Perl script to do so, but it fails straight away when it first trys to login using Telnet, which stops the script.

My second approach was to create an external Perl API script, but I got stopped when I figured out that some of the DisSession methods appear to be missing, they are in the documention, but the .pm files are not there (open_connection, open_session_and_connection, close, etc.)  Was this on purpose?  Has anyone else created a cli connection using the Perl API in the sandbox?

Many Thanks,

Lon.

Just adding that under

Expert
2070     0

Just adding that under collection and groups => config management, telnet can be totally disabled on config collection, but the order cannot be changed.  It always trys telnet first.

-Lon.

Can you force a manual collection?

Expert
2070     0

What happens if you set the CLI Credentials for the device, entering only ones for SSH, and then try "Test" and "Get Configs"?

I know that by default, if SNMP collection has never worked, config collection won't be attempted.  But at least it used to allow you to manually drive the CLI steps.

The CLI Creditials bar doesn

Expert
2070     0

The CLI Creditials bar doesn't even show up, probably until it passes snmp and attempts to figure out the creditials.  Is there any way to force that to appear some other way?

Thanks,

Lon.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You