Accepted Solution

Downstream Hub or Switch

JCook
Techie
2738     1

I have a lot of VoIP phones where there is a PC hung off the phone. 

Is there a way to allow up to 2 devices on a switch port before the "Downstream Hub or Switch" issue is triggered.  Even better is there a way to set this for only voice enabled ports?

Thank You

Re: Downstream Hub or Switch

THoang
Techie
2738     1

I had the same issue.  Opened ticket for it and also request the customized script to correct the issue.

Still waiting ... Do you find the way to work-around the issue? Please advise...

Authority
2738     1

I have the same issue, we are currently running a demo verion, but are in the process of purchasing our initial round of licensing.  I was hoping we would be able to assign the particular switches where this occurs to a group/policy which would allow an increased number of macs seens based on device function (end user/voip) vs a hardline config setting since it will be managing all levels of an enterprise network.

Authority
2738     1

Did anyone ever get a resolution for this?  I would like to raise the threshold to 3 devices per port so I am not alerting on interfaces that have a phone and PC connected, which is most of our environment.

Highlighted

Adviser
2738     1

Go to Settings (Gear Icon) > Issue Analysis > Issue Group Settings > By Issue (left side tab) > Interfaces > Interfaces > Downstream Hub or Switch (Info)

You will see a list of interface groups. You can edit the threshold value for a group to change it for any interface in that group. The default for this issue is "1", so setting it to "2" should do what you want.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You