Network Change & Configuration Management

Accepted Solution

How do I remove all discovered devices in NetMRI and start from scratch?

TechSavvy86
Techie
5516     0

Hello All, 

Im currently rebuilding our NetMRI Network list and want to change from Auto Discovery mode to static IP Mode only. 

I have unchecked the Auto Discovery and started the Wizard again and selected only Static IP's. The problem I have is that it still see's everything on my network after the changes?

I work in Higher Ed and do not need to see the 5000+ Devices on my network. I only want to manage all my switches and routers through NetMRI. 

Any sugestions would be great. 

Re: How do I remove all discovered devices in NetMRI and start from scratch?

Authority
5516     0

Yes, there are probably multiple ways to accomplish this.

In short, you want to delete the unwanted devices from the system.

If you don't care about keeping device history, you can do this with a "select all" in the steps I show below, but assuming you do want to keep history, you will need to filter the list and select the devices you want to delete. 

In the screenshot I've attached, you can go to "Network Explorer" -> "Discovery"  ... on the "Discovery" tab, there is a drop-down arrow.  You could use the main screen, but I recommend clicking the drop down and selecting "License Management" because the main screen is more dynamic as NetMRI continues to process devices.

On this page, sort, filter, select device groups etc. to find the devices you no longer want. (again, can select all if you want to start fresh).  Select the check boxes on left.  Then the buttons on top right of the grid will enable.  Select the trash can.  When you do, you will be given the option to not discover again (which puts them on discovery exclude list).  See second screenshot.

That should get you what you want I believe.

Lou

Adviser
5516     0

As in Lou's reply, there are multiple ways to do this.

If you want to start from scratch, I would also recommend the following

1. First export the Static IP list from NetMRI
  2. Run reset database from NetMRI admin shell. This will still preserve your network settings
  3. Configure the appliance again, by importing the csv you saved at Step.1

Now the appliance should only have the new data from your Static IP ranges

TechSavvy86
Techie
5516     0

Thanks worked perfectly so much cleaner and easier to manage! Thanks again!

Authority
5516     0

Excellent, glad to hear it!

Lou

Highlighted

Authority
5516     0

For future reference, Rajiv describes a much easier way to do it if you're willing to lose device history.  I've seen customers do this as well.  Thanks Rajiv!

Lou

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You