Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

Is there any limit of lines numbers for the 'commands' while creating scheduled NetMRI job?

Authority
4023     0

Hi All,

I have successfully created a Job specifications dn the script is doing great. This time I'm creating the same thing but with a extremely large number of commands (Configuration file) to be executed.
its creating a job but I noticed the Commands are cut off.

I looked into the API but couldn't find any specification with the pagination or limit for line number?
Can you please advice.

Commands to executed = "very long configuration file....."
Its being cut off in between.

Please advise.

-Nidhi

Highlighted

Re: Is there any limit of lines numbers for the 'commands' while creating scheduled NetMRI job?

Adviser
4024     0
I don’t think so. You are doing this via the API? If so, make sure you are not using GET to create the job spec. If it’s via the UI you should create a support case.
Highlighted

Re: Is there any limit of lines numbers for the 'commands' while creating scheduled NetMRI job?

Adviser
4024     0

How many lines of configs are your trying to push?

Also, can you post the screenshot of the job that failed?

You can also look at using Templates

Thanks,

Sif

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh
Highlighted

Authority
4024     0

This is my piece of code which I'm using my my Perl API. I'm not using web API.

my $response = $client->broker->job_specification->create({
name => 'foo',
schedule => '0 0 0 0 0',
script_id => $tmp_id,
device_ids => $device_id,
'$commands_to_be_executed' => $FILE
});

If there is no limit then why it's cutting off?

My $FILE is 640 lines and some 19000 bytes could be more or less depedning upon the device configuration.

Can it be done via job scpecification or any other APIs can be used to handle large size config templates?

Please advice

Nidhi

Highlighted

Authority
4024     0

Actually I dont get any failed Job status. 

its creating it but when I go and check in GUI then got to know that not all the lines are in there.

File size and the type of API i'm using I replied in above post.

Highlighted

Expert
4024     0

Are the config statements not all getting stored into the job?  Or are some of them missing when the job runs and they are sent to a device?  If the latter, then possibly it's due to overrun of the device CLI, failing to keep up.

Since all of the statements are in a file, have you considered having the job just transfer the file contents via TFTP?  E.G., for Cisco: copy tftp://<server>/my_large_file running

Highlighted

Authority
4024     0

Thanks for your reply.

• Are the config statements not all getting stored into the job?  Yes all the statesmsnets are not being stored into the jobs.

• tftp could have been a option but netMRI is prefrred here.

Is there any api to push bulk template to device?

Pelase advice

Nidhi

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You