Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

Job to automatically save running configuration

Techie
2223     0

I am attempting to create an automated job for issue Config Running Not Saved.

Ideally, whenever this issue is found, it could email an alert. Then I would like to schedule a nightly job to wr mem on all IOS devices where there is a config mismatch.

Is this possible?

Highlighted

You can configure an email

Adviser
2224     0

You can configure an email alert when the issue fires in Settings > Notifications > Subscriptions; click the Add Notification button.

I don't think there is a way to run a single nightly job against "all devices with this issue" without using an external Perl script to query the API and schedule the job with that specific list of devices. 

You CAN however, use a triggered job on the issue firing, in addition to the notification. This would create a job each time the issue is raised. The job can execute immediately or be scheduled and require approval.

Highlighted

Ok thanks. I think we will

Techie
2224     0

Ok thanks. I think we will just do the triggered job. I wanted to avoid doing writing memory to a device that someone is actively making changes on.

Highlighted

Re: You can configure an email

Techie
2224     0

I know this is a very old post but hopefully we can still build on it!

What you are descrbing is exactly what I am looking to do. Right now it sends the notification at 9:30am so I would like to change the search to midnight and then run the save config against anything that needs it then send an email saying configs saved yada yada.

Do you know of any articles that would help me set this up?

Thanks,

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Techie
2224     0

@TelltheBell wrote:

I know this is a very old post but hopefully we can still build on it!

What you are descrbing is exactly what I am looking to do. Right now it sends the notification at 9:30am so I would like to change the search to midnight and then run the save config against anything that needs it then send an email saying configs saved yada yada.

Do you know of any articles that would help me set this up?

Thanks,

I got sufficient information from your soul of heart.Thank you so much

Highlighted

Techie
2224     0

Wah, 

This is exactly what I've been looking for.

Appreciate if there a more detailed steps / guide for a newbie here..

Thank you thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You