Accepted Solution

Juniper VLAN Configuration Validation

HunterNetwork
Techie
2327     0

Hello,

I am looking to use NetMRI Configuration audit capabilities to verify the settings vlans across our network equipment. I am trying to write a configuration rule that will match this output exactly:

V666 {
     description "TEST VLAN CONFIGLET";
     vlan-id 666;
}

If I do a line based rule it works, but if we remove the descriptions field it still works, even though it should fail because it is required. It will also pass even if there are other lines added in the configuration.

When trying to do a block rule it comes back with invalid as it was not able to pass or fail. 

We are currently running NetMRI 7.1.1.84812

Thanks in advice

Re: Juniper VLAN Configuration Validation

Adviser
2328     0

Use Rule Logic Builder

Must contain this block

.+V666 \{
.+description \"TEST VLAN CONFIGLET\";
.+vlan-id 666;
.+}

Tested against the following with spaces in from of V666 and } if there is now spaces remove the .+

V666 {
	     description "TEST VLAN CONFIGLET";
	     vlan-id 666;
	}

Hope this helps

Sif

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh

HunterNetwork
Techie
2328     0

Thanks SBaksh for the anser that worked perfectly

[ Edited ]
surbhinahta
Techie
2328     0

To configure the routed VLAN interface:

1. Create the VLAN by assigning it a name and a VLAN ID:
    [edit]
    user@switch# set support vlan-id 111
  2. Assign an interface to the VLAN by specifying the logical interface (with the unit statement) and specifying the VLAN name as the member:
    [edit]
    user@switch# set interfaces ge-0/0/18 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members support
  3. Create the subnet for the VLAN’s broadcast domain:
    [edit]
    user@switch# set interfaces vlan unit 111 family inet address 111.111.111.1/24
  4. Layer 3 interfaces on trunk ports allow the interface to transfer traffic between multiple VLANs. Within a VLAN, traffic is bridged, while across VLANs, traffic is routed. Bind a Layer 3 interface with the VLAN:
    [edit]
    user@switch# set vlans support l3-interface vlan.111For more update click here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You