Accepted Solution

LAN 2 as Secondary Management Interface

kdziok
Techie
3535     0

Hi all!

I apologize in advance if this has been previously answered but my searches have turned up nothing! Fairly new to the Infoblox world and I was wondering if it were possible to utilize the LAN-2 port as a secondary management interface. In short, we want to grant admin access to users outside of our network team however we'd don't want to give them access to the management network that our IB devices (and others) reside on. 

Is it possible to IP the LAN-2 port on a different subnet than what the LAN-1/MGMT use and allow users to access the Grid Manager via that port? My initial tests have hit a dead end so I'm beginnning to wonder whether this is evern possible! 

Thank you in advance!

-Ken

Re: LAN 2 as Secondary Management Interface

Adviser
3536     0

@kdziok wrote:

Is it possible to IP the LAN-2 port on a different subnet than what the LAN-1/MGMT use and allow users to access the Grid Manager via that port?

Yes, it is possible to assign the LAN2 port an IP address on a separate subnet from the LAN1 or MGMT ports. In fact, you have to put LAN2 on a separate subnet. But no, it is not possible (as far as I know) to provide access to the Grid Manager web UI via the LAN2 port.

You can restrict access to the web UI (and to the APIs) to allow access only from specified IP addresses or IP networks. (Grid -> Grid Manager -> Members -> Grid Properties -> Security -> Restrict GUI/API Access) So if your other administrators can connect to the web interface at all via LAN1 then you can allow them access without allowing access to everyone else on those networks.

Frank

Re: LAN 2 as Secondary Management Interface

kdziok
Techie
3536     0
Awesome, thanks for the info and suggestions Frank!!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You