Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

Network Change & Configuration Management

Migrating NetMRI data to a new appliance

community Employee
Employee
3592     2

I recently purchased a new NetMRI appliance and now I would like to migrate all my data including the database, policies and job scripts over to it.

My old appliance is running version 6.0.2.42 and the new one is running 6.4.1.

Will there be any database compatibility issues if I just do an export/import? Will that also bring over any custom policies and scripts?

Thanks!

Mark,

3592     2

Mark,

As long as box boxes are on the same version a backup of the database (export) and then an import into the system will work just fine.  If they are not exactly on the same version you will have issues.

Susan

Upgrade your old box to 6.4.1

Adviser
3592     2

Upgrade your old box to 6.4.1 and the migrate your data using the Archive Database.

SCP the file off the old box and to the new appliance.

On the new appliance run "restore database <filename>" exclude the .tgz in the file name.

If you need to the update files please open a case with Support

Thanks,

Sif

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh

Re: Upgrade your old box to 6.4.1

buddylee7
Techie
3592     2

So we currently have an appliance on version 6.9.4.80404 and want to carry over the database/configs over to a new appliance running version 7.x.  How would I downgrade the appliance running version 7.X to import the database than perform a upgrade?

buddylee7
Techie
3592     2

I see you cannot downgrade so will there be an issue if I imoport a database from version 6.9.4 to 7.x?

Highlighted

Expert
3592     2

There's no reason to downgrade the 7.0 unit.  It can restore a DB from 6.9.x just fine.  I did this for a customer replacing an EOL unit a little over a week ago:

1) On the 6.9 system, create an archive and its companion MD5 hash file.

2) Copy the archive file and the MD5 file to the 7.x unit's admin /backup directory (SCP).

3) On the 7.x system, restore the archived DB.  Note: the command wants only the database name (e.g., MyNet), not the entire filename.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You