Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Nested Groups in NetMRI

Authority
5560     0

Hello Community,

I am looking to create nested groups based on AORs. Basically, if I had three standalone offices, I wanted to group them by locations, and sub groups by functional areas. E.G. California - HR, IT, Finance. I would like California to contain ALL the devices of the child groups, however, I want the child groups to only contain the ip ranges that I set for those groups.

I have tried dragging the groups that I want to be childs under the parent group, however, when I drag it underneath the parent group, only 7 of the original 118 devices show back up as a member of the child group. I have read the help file and searched the forums, but I am not able to find specific information on the behavior of parent and child groups. Only have to create them.

Thank you,

Jerry

Highlighted

Re: Nested Groups in NetMRI

Adviser
5561     0

Dragging a group into another will cause the contents of the child group to be limited to members that are in the parent group. A device must meet the criteria of all group and its parent (and therefore it's grandparent, etc.) to be included in the group.

Highlighted

Authority
5561     0

Gotcha, it falls into place now. I have to add the scopes to the parent unit, then break it down, I cannot have a parent group auto populate using the child groups, correct?

Thank you,

Jerry

Highlighted

Adviser
5561     0

Right.

Highlighted

Authority
5561     0

roger that, thank you! I see the solution was already picked so I'll leave it at that!

Thank you,

Jerry

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You