Network Change & Configuration Management

Accepted Solution

NetMRI API showing custom fields event when not part of select input

Authority
3352     0

I have a device group I created using a device custom field and that works great. I am using the API to get a list of DeviceID, DeviceName and DeviceIPDotted back to do some integration work into another system. When execute the URI query below I am getting more data then I expect based on the select statement. I am also getting all of the custom fields I have defined. Should that be happening?

https://netmriip/api/3/device/index/?GroupID=10&select=DeviceID,DeviceName,DeviceIPDotted

Re: NetMRI API showing custom fields event when not part of select input

Adviser
3352     0
Yes, custom fields are always returned.

Authority
3352     0

Is there anyway to filter them out?  I have some data in the custom fields that I do not want to share, This is an integration to a 3rd party and I have some data in the custom fields I would like to not give out.

Adviser
3352     0
This is a direct call from the third party system? If so, no matter what you aren’t really hiding them because they have the credentials and can just modify the args. If not, then you can filter them out in your script. But I don’t think there is a way to have the API do it for you automatically.

John

skuchynski
Techie
3352     0

Which NetMRI version are you using? I believe since 7.1.4 custom fields are no longer provided if not requested

Authority
3352     0

I was on 7.0.5 when I submitted this but have recently upgraded to 7.2.1 and you are correct post upgrade the custom fields are not comming back in the JSON response unless I request them.

skuchynski
Techie
3352     0

The issue is solved then?

Highlighted

Authority
3352     0

Yes it is resoloved

Showing results for 
Search instead for