Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

NetMRI - how to troubleshoot a failing remote config archive

Expert
2482     0

I've enabled the remote config archive function with two destinations defined. The Test function is successful to both of them.What I want to do is create an archive *now* but that's not an option so I set the frequency to Daily and the time to several minutes later, and Saved those settings.The server logs on both destinations show no attempted connections from the NetMRI other than the SCPtest ones which completed. I thought maybe the STD standard logs would have track the archive function in some log file but I haven't found it yet. I did find entries for the SCPtest POST ops.What else should I be checking? And how does one troubleshoot the lack of something happening?Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: NetMRI - how to

Techie
2482     0
how does one troubleshoot the lack of something happening?
That is the million dollar question, and the more difficult part of this.Currently, the Config Archive logs are not contained in the Standard Log package, but will be starting in NetMRI 6.4.5.There are (at its most basic) two processes that take place during the Config Archive; 1. The configs are packaged up into a .tgz file ready for transport and 2. The files are actually copied over.Based on the number of devices/revisions, this first step may take a while and you would not see anything on the end-server in the meantime as it had not yet started the transfer.Has a Remote Config Archive ever succeeded from the NetMRI before (scheduled or otherwise)?
Highlighted

Re: NetMRI - how to

Expert
2482     0
Late follow up... in a remote support session, we were able to eventually solve this. But you're right, not having that in the standard logs makes it quite difficult to troubleshoot.Upgraded to 6.4.5 earlier this week. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hi all,

Expert
2482     0

Hi all,

Firstly appologies for reviving an old thread, if i need to create a new one please let me know.

I am having the exact same issue as mentioned above, i am able to run all of the tests successfuly but the remote configs never backup successfuly.

If I have a look in the folder i can see that it is trying to create a file but the size is allways 0.

Under system health i get the following alert.

EXST000-A1: Cannot connect to remote storage Archive Remote System 1 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Check connectivity to external storage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted

Did you open a support case?

Adviser
2483     0

Did you open a support case?

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh

www.sifbaksh.com
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean