Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

NetMRI perform manual full sync for selected device or issue

DStephen
Techie
2661     0

Hi all,

I'm trying to resolv the issues found by NetMRI on my network, so I've done some config changes on my network device. The problem is that I can't perform a manual full scan for one device or one issue, I've tried to launch a discover now and discover next in the network insight but it does not watch for all the issue and I have to wait the next day to see if the issue is resolved.

Is anyone know what script launched by NetMRI which does a full sync of all the device ?

Is there a possibility to perform a manual scan for a selected issue (scan will just watch if the issue is resolved on the device) ?

Thanks a lot.

Fabien.

Are you talking about Issues?

Adviser
2662     0

Are you talking about Issues?  If so they run once every 24 hours.

It's a feature request, please contact your Account Team to get your company name added to the list.

Thanks,

Sif

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh

On many issue types, you can

Adviser
2662     0

On many issue types, you can edit the threshold levels that trigger the issue in the Device Group editor screens in Settings. You can also suppress issues you do not want to see. But you cannot directly edit the severity at this time.

Yes I'm talking about the

DStephen
Techie
2662     0

Yes I'm talking about the issues. I saw that it runs every 24 hours but I want to know if there's a way to run it manually. For example, I change somtehing on a switch configuration and then  run that and see if the issue is cleared for this switch.

Thanks.

Various issues run with different frequencies

Expert
2662     0

Sif, are you sure about the 24-hour period?  I know in the old old OLD days all issues were evaluated once/day late at night.  Then so-called real-time issues were added, although real-time meant a few hours rather than a day.  They way it appears to work today is that some issues are evaluated as frequently as every 60 minutes and a few are still once/day.  Ones in the latter category include Device Down, DNS-Sysname Mismatch, and some other slowly-changing symptoms.

I think most all customers (and many insiders) will agree that the way it works is non-intuitive because issue analysis is not triggered by events.  Rather each issue runs on a schedule -- the next time one runs, it picks up whatever has changed on all appropriate device types.  Users tend to think of it orthogonally -- for a given device, evaluate all appropriate issues -- but it doesn't work that way.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You