Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

Network Change & Configuration Management

Accepted Solution

Remove an HA Member and add a new member to that HA

marccabre
Techie
3945     0

Dear all, 

One customer requested to me to break the actual Infoblox HA Cluster Pair in order to remove de standby  old unit and then recreate de HA Pair with a new hardware.

Can some one explain the best/save way to remove the old unit? and add the new hardware to the HA Pair?

Thank you very much!

Re: Remove an HA Member and add a new member to that HA

[ Edited ]
Expert
3945     0

You don't need to break the HA pair, just shut down the passive node, configure LAN1 on the new box with the same IP address the old one had then join it to the grid, it will automatically come up as the passive node.

If you then need to replace the active node, do a HA failover then follow the same process.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

marccabre
Techie
3945     0

Thanx a lot... i was scared because this is a really big company and the device is in production and the down time have to be less than 1h...

One question more.... the new device that we will add now is part of the grid. Then i understand that maybe the best process to do it is:

1 - Remove that device from the grid

2 - Access to thay device using LAN 1 IP

3 - Clean the database? It's nedded? It's better to do a reset to factory defaults?

4 - And then configure de new LAN 1 IP and follow the proces to add again the device to the Grid and it will become part of the HA Pair.

It's ok? It's need the step 3? Or what is the best way to prepare that device?

Regards!!

Expert
3945     0

It's up to you, the device will get wiped when it re-joins the grid anyway so not much point resetting the database. It won't do any harm though.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Highlighted

marccabre
Techie
3945     0

Thank you very much!!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You