Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

Network Change & Configuration Management

Accepted Solution

Script run errors

Authority
4513     0

Hi Experts,

Last week we tried to run a simple perl script and encountered an issue "Unable to contact sandbox" and Max Dissessions reached..

The first error appears to be harmless because the jobs continue to complete but results in the Job status marked as "Error". The second

error is probably caused by "Hung" sessions.

1. *** Error / Unable to contact sandbox ***

Connection to 39.0.0.2 closed by remote host.

*** Error / NetMRI dis-sessions/dis-error Maximum sessions are in use. Try again later. https://<NETMRI_IP>/api/2.9/dis_sessions/open.json at /mnt/host/lib/NetMRI_Easy.pm line 392.  *** Session log does not exist since there was an unknown error. 

Network Automation Version : 6.8.7.75643
API Version :

Thanks,

Rahul Shenoy

Any update? I am still

Authority
4514     0

Any update? I am still awaiting your reply. We are going to schedule another script run and hope not to see these errors again. To me it seems like hung CLI sessions. Is there a CLI command to know how many CLI/DIS sessions are active? And is there a way to Kill all active sessions if we were to face the situation again?

Hi Rahul,

Adviser
4514     0

Hi Rahul,

Do you have a 4000 model NetMRI appliance by chance? I'm guessing you probably do, and, if so, the "maximum sessions are in use" error is a known issue on this model. You can do the following to work around this problem.

1. Go to Settings > General Settings > Advanced Settings. Change the value of “Concurrent Device Sessions per Job” from 20 to 40.
2. Reboot the appliance.

Thanks,

- Chris

Hi Chris,

Authority
4514     0

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying. I was earnestly awaiting somebody would reply.

Yes. You are right... The model is as shown below. But my problem is not with #of sessions that can be supported. We have a device list of 1200 devices... So when we start the script, the first few devices are succesfully completed.. After sometime, all jobs starts failing with the errors I told above. It seems like the earlier jobs are not closing the sessions they opened.

Model : NT4000

Hi Rahul,

Adviser
4514     0

Hi Rahul,

Please follow the two steps outlined above. I am pretty confident it will resolve this problem you are experiencing.

Thanks,

- Chris

Re: Hi Rahul,

Authority
4514     0

FYI: We're experiencing the same issue all of a sudden and our setting is set to 40 already since some time.

We opened a ticket for it.

Re: Hi Rahul,

Adviser
4514     0

Do you have a new device vendor or type under management? If so, it could be with the device support for that device - maybe it's not closing sessions properly.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You