Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

Network Change & Configuration Management

Script terminates in error after about 5 minutes

Expert
2210     0

I have a CCS script that validates each interface of a Cisco 6509, determining if it has been configured according to our standards. These chassis are loaded with a lot of interfaces and the script performs a 'show run interface $interfacename' on each one.It runs just fine, no visible errors, but always stops after about 5 minutes running.Anyone have any clue on what I should look for?ThanksLon.

Re: Script terminates in

Expert
2211     0
I was directed to another forum post: how-does-netmri-handle-long-running-scripts-timeouts where it discusses the use of Action-Timeout and Trigger-Timeout's. I have attempted these to no avail. My script still stops a few seconds past the 5 minute mark, even with the action timeout set to 600 and each of the triggers set to 420. Nothing I do seems to change this.-Lon.

Expert
2211     0
From reading the other post it seemed that the Script-Timeout was always calculated. I must have not interpreted that correctly. I added a script timeout of 660 and changed the action and trigger timeouts back to the default of 60. The script was then able to complete properly.-Lon.

community Employee
Employee
2211     0

Hey Lon,

Nice work! Sorry we weren't able to help you out, but it looks like you got the issue resolved pretty quickly!

Eric

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You