Scripting - User input variable drop-down

SYoungberg
Techie
8057     0

Is there any way to present a drop-down list of variables to be selected at run-time? Meaning when a user runs a script from Job Manager, they can select from a list instead of typing in a string. I thought you could do this with lists, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Re: Scripting - User input

Adviser
8058     0

We currently do not have a dropdown list from a variables perspective.  I will see if we have a Request for Feature Enhancement.

-Sif

Follow me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sifbaksh
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sifbaksh

Same Issue

JMaynard
Techie
8058     0

Sif, same issue from my perspective.  Scripting is not useful for user actions unless we can present them with some kind of list.  Please see that this is raised to the proper folks for a very near future release.

Agreed

JCook
Techie
8058     0

When the list feature showed up and it was to be used for scripting I had hoped that was what it was for.  Please add me to the request for this to be a feature on the wishlist.  

+1

Expert
8058     0

A script-variable type of "list" or "choice" or "selection" would be a great improvement.  It should optionally permit the user to make no selection, which the script would see as a value of "none", and could conditionally supply a default.

If you look back through some of the more involved sample scripts written by Netcordia folks, they were forced to clumsily implement a selection via a bunch of boolean variables.  The IOS upgrade script comes to mind (TFTP/FTP/HTTP).

Mark me as one for the list also

Authority
8058     0

I am starting to write scripts to "fix" issues with deployed devices that don't meet a given criteria of the "template" mentality.  I was looking for a way to go set these management based options to force the device to comply with current policy.  And as such I would like to only give the low-level operator the option to select from a given list options for a number of different things.  

Also would like to see this

SYoungberg
Techie
8058     0

Also would like to see this option.

Re: Scripting - User input variable drop-down

nirobi03
Techie
8058     0

Sorry for awakenning on old thread, but any chance this has been added by now?

Re: Scripting - User input variable drop-down

Ingmar Community Manager
Community Manager
8058     0

We have not implemented this enhancement yet but are targeting a number of scripting enhancements for the next release cycle. Please work with your account team to have RFE-4552 prioritized.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You