Which DNS Infoblox use?

Techie
5855     0

Which is using Infoblox DNS to resolve Internet domain?

Re: Which DNS Infoblox use?

Adviser
5856     0

I am not certain what question you are asking, but if you are asking which DNS process do the standard Infoblox appliances leverage for name resolution, the answer would be ISC BIND.

Steve S.

Techie
5856     0

Hi SSalo, 

I am using my infoblox like local and default DNS for LAN. When i try to get infoblox.com for example, which DNS use infoblox for resolve the IP domain.

Adviser
5856     0

Thank you for the clarification!

Infoblox will by default use the root hints to recurse out to the Internet root DNS to begin the resolution. The appliance itself will first query one of the root servers which will then return a referal to the .com DNS servers which will then refer to the infoblox.com DNS servers for the final answer. The Infoblox appliance will do all of the work to look up the answer and cache the responses to expediate any related future queries.

That being said, it is also possible to configure the Infoblox appliance to forward all recursive queries to a specified set of DNS such as an upstream provider or public accessible DNS. This, however, is not the default configuration and you would need to review the configuration in your Infoblox solution to determine if a configuration like this has been enabled.

Steve S.

Techie
5856     0

Thank You!! 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You