XML Array Help

Authority
4970     3

Hello Community,

TL;DR - Is there a place that goes into finer detail on how to manipulate the arrays using XML than the XML capabilities page in the help file?    

I looked through the help file for NETMRI, and it shows me the different Expr operators I can use when accessign arrays. However, the only example I have seen is push. I am trying to use assign-at, however, it is telling me it needs a 3rd expr to run properly. I cannot find what the third element it is looking for is. Again, I have checked the help file, and this forum, but I cannot stumble upon the information.

Basically, what I am trying to do is place a set of values into one array (array1) and push a  _block variable into another array (array2), and then check if array2's value is found somewhere inside array1. I wanted to use assign-at so that it would keep overwritting the '0' position in array2 with the next _block.

The reason for this is that when I assign the values in array1, then do a configblockcheck, the _block does not match the value in array1 because the array does not retain the new lines. I have gotten around this by creating array1, then using 'push' to assign all the values, which lets the array retain the \n.

Clear as mud?

Any help is always appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry

Re: XML Array Help

Adviser
4970     3

If you go into "Edit" mode on an XML rule, you will see a button "Download XSD Schema" or something to that effect. This will provide a file with a lot more detail.

Or you can get the same file from here:

https://github.com/infobloxopen/netmri-toolkit/blob/master/policy/scriptxml.xsd

In there around line 765 you'll find:

<xs:enumeration value="assign-at">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>The first expression is evaluated as an array, and the second as an index into the array. The third expression will be evaluated, and inserted into the array at the specified index, replacing the element at that index. The result of the expression is the modified array. Indexes start at 0.</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:enumeration>

Admittedly this is not they easiest way to access this information. I'll see if we can get a PDF version of this document in the product. In the interim, if you don't want to read the raw XSD, you can download an XML authoring tool which may be able to render PDF-based documentation from the XSD.

Re: XML Array Help

Authority
4971     3

Thank you sir! I have gotten used to ignoring that button on the way over to validate that it did not even register as being there. This is what I am looking for!

Thank you,

Jerry

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You