Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

discovery process

Techie
2619     0

I'm looking for clues to estimate how long it takes to be discovered devices when NetMRI deploys into large scale network. I'm rolling out evaluation image into my test bed and looking for clues but I cannot reach to. Some log files such as dataEngine.log are offered and then those files does not provide any clue so far. Here are things I want to clear now.1) how number devices he scans simultaneously.2) Once devices are registered how often he talks to those devices.3) how often he scans to know newer devices.4) which log files are useful to know discovery processMy goal is to know discovery time in basic scenario to guess the time needed in larger scale network roughly.I really appreciate any input.Yuichiro Munakata

Highlighted

Re: discovery process

Techie
2620     0

Hi!

Do you know the answer to your questions ?
I have the same problem.

Thanks for you answer

Highlighted

Re: discovery process

2620     0

I can answer 2 and 3 and look into the others.

For 2, once a device is in the database, the frequency it is polled again is dependent on model and type.  The only type of device where the polling can be controlled is a switch.  You set that in the Setup -> Setup -> Collection and Groups -> Switch Port Management (tab).  For other device types, it is hard coded but you can get a general idea of the frequency in Setup -> Setup -> Device Collection Status. Frequency column shows how often that property group is polled.

For 3, new discovery is constant.  It can be forced into windows of time using black out windows (Setup -> Setup -> Collection and Groups)

See here for a presentation given at the user conference on discovery description and best practices: https://community.infoblox.com/cixhp49439/attachments/cixhp49439/Bloxfest/89/2/Bloxfest%202016%20-%2...

@DaveSignori
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You