looking for example DSB

AndrewSJ
Techie
1942     0

I have a set of Cisco AIR-CT2504 devices. The login process is odd and it's confusing NetMRI so NetMRI is unable to log into these devices to collect config files. Login process presents two user name prompts that are different from each other before presenting the password prompt. This is what it looks like.

login as: <put anything here, doesn't matter what>

(Cisco Controller)

User: <username>

Password: <password>

The CT-2504 isn't on NetMRI's supported devices list but NetMRI still understands these devices enough to identify them properly and to collect relevant snmp information including the list of attached wireless access points.

I need to create a DSB for these devices that includes the part that controls the login process so I can tell NetMRI how to handle this double username prompt. Does anyone have a DSB they can share that includes the login piece that I can use as a starting point?

Re: looking for example DSB

Adviser
1942     0

Hi Andrew,

AIR-CT2504-K9 is  a supported device from version 7.1.3. That should take care of the prompt issue. Are you looking to build this DSB for some other version ?

1942     0

You can also have support write DSBs for you if you just submit a ticket.  

AndrewSJ
Techie
1942     0

I am running 7.1.3 and it isn't taking care of the prompt issue. I haven't seen this prompt sequence before so I'm not surprised NetMRI isn't handling it properly.

Since the AIR CT2504 is a supported device, is it possible to write a DSB that will handle the login prompt sequence I'm seeing on my devices? That's provided I find an example DSB to get me started.

Authority
1942     0

We did something like that for Motorola/Symbol wireless controllers. It expects you to type "cli" before the actual logon. Might be helpfull here also.

Highlighted

Expert
1942     0

That login sequence is the same as on other AireOS controllers such as the 5508 and WiSM2.  Both of those work for us in 7.1.4, but they also worked back in 6.9.x.

Might be time for a support case.  They will probably want you to enable CCSCisco debug and then force a Discover Now.  That will produce the verbose expect output needed to understand why it's having difficulty.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You