Reporting

After deleting network, zones created using sync tool are not getting cleaned from infoblox UI

Kripasharma15
Techie
2324     0

Hi,

After deleting network, i am getting same network in infoblox UI while using sync script.

Steps are:

1. First create the network  "TESTNET4" <Make sure do not register the DNS>

>>>DB Analysis

MariaDB [neutron]> select * from networks;
+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+----------+--------+----------------+------------------+------------------+-------------------------+------+
| project_id                       | id                                   | name     | status | admin_state_up | vlan_transparent | standard_attr_id | availability_zone_hints | mtu  |
+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+----------+--------+----------------+------------------+------------------+-------------------------+------+
| 76e62e1896ef484295ac6dc21804df00 | f8914993-b81f-4e89-867d-3aa698350fe3 | TESTNET4 | ACTIVE |              1 |             NULL |               14 | []                      | 1500 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

MariaDB [neutron]> select * from infoblox_networks;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

2. Now register the DNS

3. Run the below script to sync the infoblox

# python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/networking_infoblox/tools/sync_neutron_to_infoblox.py
# python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/networking_infoblox/tools/infoblox_grid_sync.py

>>> DB Analysis
| project_id                       | id                                   | name     | status | admin_state_up | vlan_transparent | standard_attr_id | availability_zone_hints | mtu  |
| 76e62e1896ef484295ac6dc21804df00 | f8914993-b81f-4e89-867d-3aa698350fe3 | TESTNET4 | ACTIVE |              1 |             NULL |               14 | []                      | 1500 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)
+--------------------------------------+--------------+
| network_id                           | network_name |
| f8914993-b81f-4e89-867d-3aa698350fe3 | TESTNET4     |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

4. Infoblox Was able to see the network "TESTNET4"

5. Now try to delete the network "TESTNET4"
>>> DB Analysis
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Empty set (0.00 sec)

6. But in infoblox we are still able to see the network "TESTNET4" NOT GETTING DELETED

7. After this I tried  creating the networks "TESTNET5"

8. Verified the same in DNS its displaying.

9. When I deleted the network, the network got deleted from Infoblox UI as well

Please, help me to understand from which table infoblox UI is taking data.

Thanks,
Kripa S Sharma

Re: After deleting network, zones created using sync tool are not getting cleaned from infoblox UI

Adviser
2325     0

Hello Kripa,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to this post. This sounds more like something which needs to be tested/replicated with a database dump in lab & may need appropriate data review. I recommend filing a case with Infoblox support on this. 

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Re: After deleting network, zones created using sync tool are not getting cleaned from infoblox UI

Kripasharma15
Techie
2325     0

Hi Malman,

First of all thank you for your response.

sound good.

I need some help one few points.

1.  How to fill case in infoblox.

2.  Is it reproducable at your end if not tested yet. Please, add it in your queue

3.  If it is a genuine bug then who is going to fix it.

Please, let me know as soon as possible. I get stuck on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Kripa S Sharma

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2325     0

Kripa,

1)  How to fill case in infoblox.

Please go to https://support.infoblox.com -> Login with your account (If you are new to Infoblox, please complete the signup & our customer service team would need to approve your account) -> Once you login, please go to ‘Open a case’ from the top -> Just fill up the form & choose an appropriate severity -> Hit ‘Continue’.

For any assistance, you may feel free to call support at :

• United States and Canada : +1-888-463-6259/+1-408-986-4700
  • EMEA : +32-3-259-0440
  • APAC : +60-3-7611-6000/0008004404019(India)

2) Is it reproducable at your end if not tested yet. Please, add it in your queue.

While opening the support ticket, please detail the problem & the steps to reproduce. Depending upon the issue that you describe, the technical support team would ask you data/information that they need in order to work on the issue.

3) If it is a genuine bug then who is going to fix it.

Its too early to decide if this is a bug. The technical support team would set clear expectations as troubleshooting progresses. If this is anything against the expected behaviour, technical support team would work with Infoblox sustaining engineering team to fix it.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Kripasharma15
Techie
2325     0

Thank you Malman.

I have opened case in support portal.

Regards,

Kripa S Sharma

Adviser
2325     0

Hello Kripa,

Thank you for that. Looks like the engineer needs some additional information from you. Please provide the requested data & support shall assist further through the ticket.

All the best!

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You