Built in Lookup tables

[ Edited ]
Expert
3052     0

My next step in moving functionality over to the reporting tool requires using some of the EA’s stored within the grid on network and member objects. I found the built in lookup table, network_ea_lookup_csv, and the code for grouping the results in the dashboards and thought that it was going to be simple, however...

The network EA lookup is used in several reports to group by the “site” EA info. Is that the only EA it contains? 

There is a similar one for members that I can’t seem to find again, but it’s in several dashboards, does it only contain the site EA as well?
How often should these get updated?

This error seems to tell me the update is broken:

Empty csv lookup file (contains only a header) for table 'network_ea_lookup_csv': /opt/splunk/etc/apps/infoblox/lookups/network.csv

Is this something behind the scenes or can I see and edit the job to pull this information? (ie. Could I have broken these accidently?)

For testing I can manually pull CSV of the EA’s I’m interested in and then create a new lookup table, but is there a way to have lookup tables updated automatically? Once an hour, day, etc.

Re: Built in Lookup tables

Expert
3053     0

Maybe the above error is because we do not use the built in Site EA?  I put a value in one of the networks and we will see if that stops the error.   That will answer some but not all of the above questions.

Re: Built in Lookup tables

Expert
3053     0

I finally got back to looking at this again.   Putting in values for site, got the error to go away.   It does group as expected.

However from this snip in the admin guide, I had hoped that I would be able to put in multiple values for Site and group things differently.   IE by Physical site and by function.   I switched Site over to have multiple values and put in a location and a function value, but all I get is one value per member in the GroupbySite.csv  

If you have configured multiple attribute values for a member, then applying the Extensible Attribute filter displays all the attribute values associated with that member. For example, if member 1 has predefined attribute Site with attribute values member a and member b and member 2 has predefined attribute Site with attributes values member c and member d, then the dashboard displays member a and member b when you apply the Member Site <member 1> filter.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You