Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Reporting

Highlighted

DNS URL most requested

Techie
2248     0

Hi

i'm a new infoblox user and i'm trying to a report with no results.

I need to do this query and report:

I need to report how many query request arrived for a url(for exemple google) in a spacific day or for a range and which clients request it.

Can you help me pls? i don't know where to go and what to do.

Thanks a lot

Highlighted

Re: DNS URL most requested

Adviser
2248     0

This can easily be accomplished by using the DNS Top Requested Domain Names dashboard and modifying the search string to search for your domain string of choice.

You would do this by:

1. Opening the DNS Top Requested Domain Names dashboard, select whatever options are necessary to get you maximum results
  2. Hover over the resulting graph/table, a search glass will appear on the bottom left. Click on the search glass to open the advanced search.
  3. In the search string you can add the filter string between "report=si_dns_requested_domain" and "(orig_host="*")"

To simplify it, I've created a dashboard that does this for you. You can find it here:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Reporting/DNS-Top-Requested-Domain-Names-with-Filter/td-p/8785

Highlighted

Re: DNS URL most requested

Adviser
2248     0

@gpepix wrote:

and which clients request it.

I just noticed you are looking for client specifics. This level of detail can only be accomplished with the Infoblox Data Collector and the associated "DNS Domains Queried by Client" report.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You