Fail: [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized

Authority
2841     0

Hoi

I see here in the community a lot of nice report however i run in problem when i like to use then, i create an dashboard as infoblox user (No superights). I can add pannel, i can add input but when ussing edit source button i get the following error. What do I wrong? The edit source is not grayed out,  so i have the Rights! A bug, is this a support call

Chris

Fail: [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized to perform requested action; https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS/mo96cd/infoblox/data/modular-inputs?count=-1Details: None

Re: Fail: [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized

Adviser
2842     0

Hello,

I had reported this once to Infoblox Engineering.

The ticket is internally identified as NIOSSPT-5449 [NIOS limited access users with RW splunk app permissions are unable to edit Dashboard XML sourcecode].

Ability to edit dashboard XML sourcecode requires permissions for the user inside Splunk's 'list_inputs'. In our reporting approach 'list_inputs' is bind to super user only.

The ability to edit Dashboard XML sourcecode is intentionally limited for non-superusers, because providing those permissoins require the user/role to be part of 'list_inputs', which will provide undesired amount of permissions, similar to that of a superuser.

While I keep wondering why a limited-user with RW Reporting App permissions be restricted from 'list_inputs', the ticket was proposed to be closed as "Working as Designed'.

Therefore, if you indeed require this modified, it would require extensive research and a design change. A ticket with Infoblox Support requesting an enhancement would be the ideal way to proceed. You may reference NIOSSPT-5449 (internal ticket).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

Authority
2842     0

Thank for your replay, yep your are right 

Our Infoblox partner/our supplier discussed this issue withe the Infoblox SE they say its RFE which is for me related to something new. But from my opinion its a bug. I wil our partner infrom to add your id als to the RFE

So it will take a will when this will be fixed iam afraid :-(

Or every one who read this please reacord incident ;-)

Chris

Authority
2842     0

Not solved

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You