Highlighted

Infoblox Last Queried on Splunk

hasagh
Techie
2947     0

Hi

I have two questions:

1- I would like to know if and how i could run Last Queried on Splunk.

2- is there any Splunk simple reporting template i could try to lookup for:

- the total count of all records

- the total count of records by type (A-record, CNAME, NAPTR)

- Report that lists records that have a specific sysntax entered as an argument: (i.e. <apn name>.apn..epc.mncxxx.mccxxx.3gppnetwork,org. first column would be the grid member, the seconde is the view, then the 3rd is the zone and the last is the specific value looked for (<apn....>).

thank you

Re: Infoblox Last Queried on Splunk

Adviser
2948     0

Hello hasagh,

1) You cannot run DNS RR / Zone last queried on Splunk. This report actually use special flags on every object in the Infoblox database, not just the reporting indexes.

2) DNS Statistics per Zone covers

- the total count of all records
- the total count of records by type (A-record, CNAME, NAPTR)

Capture d’écran 2017-07-18 à 16.37.40.png

3)

Report that lists records that have a specific sysntax entered as an argument: (i.e. <apn name>.apn..epc.mncxxx.mccxxx.3gppnetwork,org. first column would be the grid member, the seconde is the view, then the 3rd is the zone and the last is the specific value looked for (<apn....>).

For this one, it is probably better to use the global search since the data is not available in the reporting indexes

Regards

Nicolas

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products.

Adviser
2948     0

@NJeanselme wrote:

1) You cannot run DNS RR / Zone last queried on Splunk. This report actually use special flags on every object in the Infoblox database, not just the reporting indexes.

This is true. However you could recreate this functionality if you had full query logging turned on and created some custom reports around that data.

hasagh
Techie
2948     0

Hi Nicolas,

thanks.

for questions 2- how did you created the report? 

for 3- i was using the global search indeed, but wnated somthing more elegant that present some numbers and stats against the specific search.

thanks

hasagh
Techie
2948     0

Hi 

thanks

can you develop a bit your response?

thanks

Adviser
2948     0

@hasagh wrote:

Hi 

thanks

can you develop a bit your response?

thanks

Sure, I was actually inspired to create a dashboard based on your request. You can see it here:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Reporting/Last-Queried-Query-Logging/m-p/10496#M415

-Roger

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You