Reporting

Highlighted

Link/process to download vNIOS and virtual Reporting software

Authority
4358     0

Hi All,

I have to implement vNIOS(dns,dhcp) and virtual reporting appliance, please help from where I would be able to download these two software. I came across one link on infoblox 'try now' from there I have downloaded infoblox demo software,  Is this the same link to download software for production implementations?

The vNIOS software that I have downloaded do not contains temp license to reporting, is there separate software for virtual reporting appliance?

Thanks,

Sachin

Re: Link/process to download vNIOS and virtual Reporting software

Adviser
4359     0

Hello Sachin,

Yes, you need a different ova for reporting appliances. you may utilize the same download link received to your email and choose appliance in Ínfoblox Reporting" as shown in the table there.

Please watch the below to get detailed steps for instillation

https://go.infoblox.com/downloads/it-files/evals/Install/Video-DDI-1.mp4

Hope this helps

Regards,

Syam

Authority
4359     0

Thanks Syam,

The video link you shared is very helpful.

I have downloaded infoblox reporting ova from product evaluation portal.

Same ova downloaded from product evaluation portal can be used for production deployment or separate link is for production ova?

Thanks,

sachin

Authority
4359     0

please could somebody reply on this, Same ova downloaded from evaluation link is valid for production(free 500mb indexing)

Thanks,

Sachin

Adviser
4359     0

Hello Sachin,

Unfortunately I'm not sure if they are the same or not. I would ideally compare the md5 values of the ova files and will redeploy if they are not same or get a confirmation from the account team representative who helped you procure the license.

Regards,

Syam.

[ Edited ]
Adviser
4359     0

It is usable for production purposes, it's actually the same appliance that is used with the 1GB/day appliance. If you indend to do more than 1GB/day it may not be the best option. There are other models with more CPU/Memory that are better equipped for larger indexing volumes.

HNiroomand
Techie
4359     0

Hello,  Can you help me with installtion error I am getting, please?  I downloaded the OVA file and created a VM for reporting.  I log in and try to set temp_license, it errors: " you must provision the reporting disk before adding a license to the reporting server".

I read before the VMDKs are included in OVA file.  where I can get the reporting disk?

Thanks

Hajar

Adviser
4359     0

Hello HNiroomand,

Please review the KB article from #5877: Unable to install license on reporting appliances from Infoblox support website which would help you with this.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

HNiroomand
Techie
4359     0

Thanks for quick reply,  It seems like I need to add 2 disks.  That is what I will do next.  I only had one disk (1 TB) .

Thanks again,

Hajar

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You