Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Reporting Backup

Authority
7289     0

Hello,

we had a issue related to space on disk2 of the reporting and becuase it is not yet possible to resize it, I had to backup data, rebuild the vm reporitng (with a "different" size for disk2) and the restore the data.

When manual backup has done three files are generated:

9/04/2019 12:44 289 byte backup_manifest_Tue_Apr__9_12_44_06_2019
09/04/2019 12:44 1.607 byte ib_system_capacity_db_1551790676_1551790676_0.tar.gz
09/04/2019 12:44 2.975 byte ib_system_db_1551794634_1551794274_0.tar.gz

Because I'm not able to test it, what is the file I had to restore? Maybe I should restore twice? One by one?

Thank you,

Fabio Colombo

Re: Reporting Backup

[ Edited ]
7290     0

Hi Fabio,

I seriously wonder if you have all your data in those two files. While I do not know your NIOS version, if you are not on the latest NIOS version, I would recommend performing a product restart on the reporting server and and try to make a new backup and put all the files together in one location. In the latest NIOS versions, during a backup, Splunk is forcefully stopped and data from hot buckets are rolled over for backup. In certain old ones, I believe only the already rolled over data is backed up.

But to answer your question, you don’t have to specify a file during reporting data restore. Specifying the file path is enough.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Authority
7290     0

Thank you very much, I appeciate !!!

Authority
7290     0

Sorry,

I appreciated you support!!

Reporting Backup Issue

7290     0

Hi All, I need help regarding backup of my reporter server having NIOS running 8.3.8

Each type i try to bakup, size of the file become reduced like i tried 4 times to take a back up and backup size shrink from 8GB-6GB-4GB-700MB.

Regards,

Haroon

Re: Reporting Backup Issue

7290     0

The very first time you take a backup it does a full backup.  The next time you do a backup it only does an incremental from the last time the backup was run.  This is why you see shrinking file sizes.

If you need to "reset" to take a full backup you'll need to contact support.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You