09-11-2019 01:01 AM
I am getting an error on my reporting tab. This states, "The Reporting App is currently unavailable".
Below it has two options,
-Refresh the Status: Tried that and gives the same error.
-Go to Reporting Service: Restart the reporting service with no avail.
It is a grid wide Reporting Subscription.
Indexing Capacity is 2GB
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-11-2019 02:06 AM - edited 09-11-2019 02:06 AM
This is usually related to SSL handshake failure between the GM and reporting server.
1. Many/most cipher suites administratively disabled on the GM
2. TLS protocol versions administratively disabled on the GM
3. HTTPS certificate on the GM with public key size larger than 2048bit preventing java from parsing it.
4. HTTPS certificate on the GM with unsupported signature algorithm such as RSASSA-PSS
I would recommend opening a case with Infoblox support, but you can try collecting the below to confirm if your issue related to any of the above.
1. show ssl_tls_protocols [From the CLI of GM]
2. show ssl_tls_ciphers [From the CLI of GM]
3. show log debug /algorithm constraints/ [From the CLI of GM - preferably collected after clicking on the Reporting tab and letting it fail]
4. Download the GM's current HTTPS certificate and review the 'Public key size' and 'Signature Algorithm' in use.
09-12-2019 03:26 AM - edited 09-12-2019 03:29 AM
Thank you Bibin.
One last question, if the Reporting App isn't available. Does that mean,
1. We will not be able to view the reporting and alerting options under the tab?
2. We will not receive any scheduled reports or alerts?
09-12-2019 07:53 PM
1. We will not be able to access/create/modify any of the predefined/custom dashboards, reports, searches, alerts.
2. An alert which has already been configured with actions to "send an email" or "generate an SNMP trap" or "write the output to syslogs", will continue to work, unless there are other things wrong with the reporting system.