Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Unable to start reporting service. Getting error 'indexer reporting service failed'

2321     0

upon enabling the reporting service on the indexer (reporting appliance), i am getting error 'indexer reporting service failed'.

upon checking theg config.

debug logs, i can see below,

--

didnt get pid for splunk_primary

generate/fetch CA cert in directory /infoblox/var/reporting/certs'

Ca cert not available from database......

not continuing with reporting config....

--

Is this due to traffic decryption or any inspection ?

is there any need to generate and apply certificates even there is no decryption in network ( by default is it mandatory ?, i have a setup running fine without needing to create new certs.. looks like infoblox is using default ones.

Re: Unable to start reporting service. Getting error 'indexer reporting service failed'

2322     0

I faced the same issue... but why no response from Community or IB support?

Re: Unable to start reporting service. Getting error 'indexer reporting service failed'

2322     0

Reporting takes a little time to settle down after an initial installation.  If you are still experiencing this problem, please open a support case for assistance.  Infoblox Support does not monitor the community forum.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You