Using the extentsible attributes in creating reports/VRF

GRudd
Techie
3987     1

In our configuration we use the extensible attributes to as a basis to create smart folders what I have noticed that in the reporting source "/infoblox/var/reporting/ipam_networks_report.csv" doesn't contain any Extensible attributes as we would like to create reports using either the extensible attributes or VRF
Does anyone know which is the correct source file for this info?

-greg

Re: Using the extentsible attributes in creating reports/VRF

[ Edited ]
Adviser
3987     1

I'm not sure if they have the data you need, but there are 4 lookup tables for EAs:

1. __grouping_by_ea_tag_lookup
  2. network_ea_lookup_csv
  3. pool_ea_lookup_csv
  4. resource_pool_ea_lookup_csv

You can use the "inputlookup" command to view their contents. For example:

| inputlookup __grouping_by_ea_tag_lookup

screencapture-demogm1-infoblox-ui-yfUG-ypLF8doxhOBzFakqQ-yfU57-BzF5d-1504645823336.png 

Expert
3987     1
  1. network_ea_lookup_csv

This file \ lookup keeps coming up,  and I keep hoping that it gets populated at some point, but all mine ever has is the 255.255.255.255 network and the only EA listed is "Dummy AD Site".

Should that file be populated with the EA's of all the networks as the name implies?  I'm pretty sure that when I asked about this before, it was only planned to be populated with the "hidden" EA of the Microsoft Site if you were pulling the MS Sites and Services in from your Windows forest.

It would seem that if the script is pulling that data, it would be trivial to add the rest of the network's EA's.

It would be GREAT if that had the EA's from all the networks on the grid.   

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
GRudd
Techie
3987     1

Hi Ro

Where did you get that list of data sources? Is this some expert/admin mode? And are these data sources dynamic i.e involves a direct query against the grid master or does it involve downloading a flat csv file and working with that.

Sorry for the stupid question

Adviser
3988     1

The supported EAs are automatically populated into lookup tables. The screenshow below shows how to get to the lookup tables list.

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.59.56 AM.png

[ Edited ]
GRudd
Techie
3988     1

That is where I am at. As well I am wondering if there is a way of generating the file with the full EA's by querying the GM periodically or is the best way to execute a script externally to the reporting device that makes an API call to the GM to get the networks. Perhaps I might need to modify my existing feature request to state this information.

Expert
3988     1

RFE-3512  is the RFE that I opened sometime around 2013 for this functionality, so you can add your vote to that one.

I have found a way to get to them but its not simple, it is documented in this thread.

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Reporting/Getting-to-all-the-Extensible-Attributes-in-Reporting/m-...

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You