how to build the reporting appliance

IvanWen
Techie
6157     0

Dear,

I have set up the grid appliance, and enable dns, now trying to install and setup the reporting annalitic, it statuing to build a report appliance, i have tried by not sure if the .ova file(same ova file i build grid master(nios-8.2.4-366880-2018-02-09-06-18-49-ddi.ova) i am using is correct. is it requires another ova file for report appliance build? may I know the link of download the report appliance ova/ovf. many thanks.

Highlighted

Re: how to build the reporting appliance

Adviser
6157     0

Hello Ivan,

You can use the same file. But during the time of deployment, you would need to select an appropriate model number of the reporting appliance (v805/v1405/v2205/v5005).

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

IvanWen
Techie
6158     0

Hi Malman,

Just found i can not make any selection during the vm build. I noticed this difference. before, when I installed it in vmware 5.5, i can see the option for v805 or etc. but now i using vmware 6.5, it seems not able to see that option screen.

Authority
6158     0

Hello Ivan,

Once you have deployed the VM using the .ova file,  issue the command "set temp_license". From the given options, select option 4 ( ADD NIOS license).  This would prompt you to select v805/v1405/v2205/v5005.

Do let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Manu M

MvantErve
Techie
6158     0

hi,

please do deploy the OVA, you have the correct one Smiley Happy

when adding the NIOS license select a proper reportermodel.

Don't forget to add the extra disk to the appliance: the reporter needs a spot to store the database.

bietto1975
Techie
6158     0

Sorry,

I've a question regarding the second vdisk needed to complete reporting installation.

We are installing a TR-V805 with fist vdisk cabled with 245 Gb, and we need to create the second in order to colplete the license installation. The default is 8Gb, the support told me that the extra disk will be used for indexing but they also suggest to allot a fairly large amount to the second partition.

Based on your experience, what is the right size the second vdisk needs?

Thank you,

Fabio Colombo 

[ Edited ]
Adviser
6158     0

Hello Fabio,

If this is not an evaluation but a box going into production, I would recommend 300GB, 500GB (for v-805).

Do not configure 8GB or 10GB for the reporting DISK (DISK2 in SoT models) - it is a really bad configuration. Internally the reporting server is configured with (minFreeSpace = 5000), which means that it will stop indexing data if the free space on the disk falls less than 5000MB.

Infoblox can have a maximum of 10 hot buckets per index (each of max size 1GB) and upto 200 warm DBs (for data rolled over from hot to warm) each of size 1GB and older data would go into Cold DBs.

So depending upon your data retention policies/plans, configure fair DISK size for the reporting partition and configure "Administration-->Reporting-->Grid Reporting Properties--> Index %" appropriately.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You