06-22-2020 12:23 PM
We Want to ask about the Bloxone Threat Defence Deployments scenarios as it's not clear to us if we will go for the cloud scenario/on-premiss.. will it be installed on a vm or integrated with the DDI appliance.. because the admin guide just show us the configurations we didn't find any starting point for the on-premiss vm etc..
thanks for the support.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-08-2020 09:09 PM
there are 2 kind of deployments:
1. By Using B1TD Threat Defense RPZ feeds. means that you onprem nios will be configured as slave RPZ member, and the data feed will be pulled from the B1TD cloud.
2. By Using B1TD Cloud. at this option you also have 2 sub option to do:
a. on Prem DFP using separate Virtual Appliance, it could be installed from docker or from VMware OVA template that given by Infoblox. (all can be download from the csp portal0
b. on prem DFP using onprem NIOS. in this option you are going to enable the DFP on the NIOS level.
For the configuration detail, please refer to the deployment guide.
08-13-2020 08:56 AM
This confused the hell out of me when trying to set up our pilot environment 'in my spare time', so I just wanted to clarify a bit for anyone else looking at your answer. (I've got a training budget, but no time to actually take the training, yet.) I worked off the online admin guide, mostly, since I couldn't quickly find a video or deployment guide that explained the parts that were throwing me off.
There really seems to be 3 deployment options, even though there are just two choices about where recursive queries are answered. (Or, I guess, 4 deployment options, but I may be missing some of the finer points due to terminology.)
1. Answer recursive queries yourself with an on-prem DNS firewall using physical or virtual NIOS appliances (so, one or two options, depending on if you consider those the same or different)
2. Forward recursive queries to Infoblox's cloud using a virtual DNS forwarding proxy appliance (haven't quite figured out where this is deployed, yet, as we're using Trinzic appliances in our data centers. From the instructions on Tokens, it appears the image can be loaded onto a hypervisor or a bare metals appliance from Infoblox, so maybe this is actually two different options, as well.)
3. Forward recursive queries to Infoblox's cloud using on-prem NIOS appliances (not well covered in the documentation)
I was finally able to get everything set up and working, after playing around a bit. Definitely could have been easier, though.