Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Security

Highlighted

Data Import Wizard

Employee
Employee
7593     0

Dear Team,Planning to create bulk number of A Records in existing Infoblox 4.3.Can any one share me the sample CSV file format which helps in preparing the CSV file with all required A RECORD details to import the same through Data Import WizardThanks in advance..

Highlighted

Re: Data Import Wizard

Employee
Employee
7594     0
If you head over to the support site and log in, in the technical documentation area there is an entire manual on the CSV file format and process. That should get you what you need here: https://support.infoblox.com/support/technical-documentschuq
Highlighted

Techie
7594     0

Dear Chuq, Hope CSV based Import will support from NIOS 6.X.X and above I suppose(Correct me if I am wrong).

Is there any other alternative or document to import Zones and its records alone  from BIND to  Infoblox Grid manager through DIW .

Highlighted

Techie
7594     0

Dear Chuq, Hope CSV based Import will support from NIOS 6.X.X and above I suppose(Correct me if I am wrong).

Is there any other alternative or document to import Zones and its records alone  from BIND to  Infoblox Grid manager through DIW .

Highlighted

Techie
7594     0

Something I wrote last year on the import Wizard, but I think you need to use the API for zone transfers:

Bulk import wizard documents

Download jar file we are using a really old version of nIOS 4.2r5:

After downloading:

• Click Start->Run>cmd t o open a terminal.

• Navigate to the folder in which the DIW jar file is located.

• Type java -jar -Xms128m -Xmx1024m diw-2.2r3-8.jar.

• Possibly create a shortcut to save you from having to do this each time.

• To import data to an appliance or grid master, the wizard must be able to connect to the appliance and log in with a super user name and password.

• To parse data or import it other than through a zone transfer, the data must be accessible through the local network.

So to create a new filter list:

• Create the filter name in the correct OU in IPAM; this confirms (or denies) your access rights.

• Validate your DATA:

1. Make sure you remove any funky characters, I substitute for underscores.

2. Make sure you don’t have any duplicate IP or MAC’s, it kills the parser.

3. Prefix each line with the correct function entry.

• Add a comment with the creation data to your csv?

• Test the import on a clean and empty folder in IPAM.

• If it fails you should see errors in the parse log pop up window.

• Verify with a Perl API script?

• Delete the entries via the GUI if you want to run it again before you go production.

If the parse is successful it’s a bit hard to tell, you basically don’t get any information on the filters tab, but when you do the direct import via the grid you will get a list of records imported on the filters tab.

Lifted from the pop up window when you run the java file:

CSV Data Rules:

1. # is treated as comment at beginning of the line

2. /* */ may be used to enclose multi-line comments.

3. Each line must have one and only one command.

4. Each field may or may not be enclosed with double quotes

CVS Data Formats:

1. Mac Filter Class
    Format: mac-filter-name, Name
    Example: mac-filter-name, "user-group1"

2. Mac Filter Entries
    Format: mac-address-entry, Name, MacAddr [, Comments]
    Example: mac-address-entry, "user-group1", "00:00:00:50:00:00", "eng-lab PC 1"

3. Subnet
    Format: subnet, address, mask [,comments [, optCode , optValue]...]
    Example: subnet, 192.168.1.0, 255.255.255.0, VLAN East, 51, 681200

Note: The subnet statement must be immediately followed by the range statement. Otherwise, the range statement will be ignored.

For NIOS appliances running software versions that are later than 4.3r1, the import mechanism is extended to look for name/value pairs associated with networks in the import file and import those values with attributes defined in the system.

1. Range
    Format: range, start-ip, end-ip [,comments [, mac-filter [, optCode, optValue]...]
    Example: range, "192.168.1.5", "192.168.1.25"

2. Fixed Address

There are three commands related to importing Fixed Address: a) Fixed Address with IPAM data, b) Fixed Address with DHCP Options, c) IPAM data to existing Fixed Address.

1. Format: FixedAddrWithIpam, IP-Addr, MacAddr [,comments [,device-type [,location [,owner [,manufactureer [,model [,custom1 [,custom2 [,custom3 [,custom4 [,custom5]]]]]]]]]]]

You can use up to five custom fields.

Example: fixedAddrWithIpam, "192.168.1.5", "00:00:00:50:00:00", ,"Desktop", "2nd floor-east","engineering", "IBM", "T43", "Custom1", "Custom2", "Custom3", "Custom4", "Custom5"

Note: FixedAddrWithIpam is no longer supported for NIOS appliances running software versions that are later than 4.3r1. DIW will support this statement when it is connected to a NIOS appliance running 4.3r1 or earlier. For fixed addresses, support for importing extensible attribute values replaces importing device type field values.

2. Format: FixedAddrWithOption, IP-Addr, MacAddr [,comments [, optCode, optValue]...]
    Example: fixedAddrWithOption, 192.168.1.8, 11:22:33:44:55:66, no comments, 2, 62900, 4, 1.1.1.1, 3, 192.168.1.1

3. splitNetwork
    Format: splitNetwork, ip-address, ip-mask, split-value [[,add-networks-with-range-hosts] [,comments]]
    Example: splitNetwork, 10.32.0.0, 255.255.0.0, 2, 1, "csv test split"

Note:
    split-value - is the number of bits to be split from the current ip-mask (value must be a range of 1 through 32, inclusive)
    add-networks-with-range-hosts - is a boolean flag that indicates whether networks must be added immediately for the subnets with existing ranges and/or hosts. Default value = 1

Warning:
    It is impossible to select split values more than 8 bits while add-networks-with-range-hosts flag is 0 (false).

4. Extensible Attribute Values
    For NIOS appliances running software versions that are later than 4.3r1, the import mechanism is extended to support importing extensible attribute values.

5. fixed-addr-attribute
    Format: fixed-addr-attribute, IP ADDRESS, MAC ADDRESS, FIELD, VALUE
    Example: fixed-addr-attribute, 192.168.1.5, 00:00:00:50:00:00 , room , 23

Note: Attributes must already be defined in the system before importing attribute name/value pairs for fixed addresses. If the attribute is not recognized, an error will be thrown.

6. network-attribute
    Format: network-attribute, NETWORK, CIDR|MASK , FIELD , VALUE
    Example: network-attribute, 192.168.1.0, 24 , room , 23

Note: Attributes must already be defined in the system before importing attribute name/value pairs for networks. If the attribute is not recognized, an error will be thrown.

Highlighted

Employee
Employee
7594     0

CSV Import was added to NIOS in 6.0, so it's available in the 6.x releases. It's not available in 5.x and before. 

With 5.x and earlier, it might be possible to do what you want with a zone transfer. Check the "Importing Zone Data" section of the NIOS Admin guide and you can see whether this option might solve your problem. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You