Highlighted

HA Broken?

MBall
Techie
4382     0

(apologies if wrong Forum but closest i could find...)

I am adding an HA pair of 1410 devices to a Grid (as i have done several times before without issue) but i am having real problems. The devices are at a remote site and i can independently get to them before "joining". They are both 1410 units with a HA & LAN1 interface connected. Unit 001 has both connection into Switch 001 (VLAN9) and Unit 002 has both to switch 002 (VLAN9). Switch 001 & 002 are connected via a Port Channel (with no Firewall or restrictions). [Whole Grid (and new devices are on NIOS 6.7.1-204398]

When joining our Grid, Unit 001 comes on without issue and starts running (with VIP address etc). When Unit 002 joins it (finally) end up showing as WARNING on Grid member page (with more details showing as Connecting) - this state remians (at least over night). 

If i Force Failover HA for the pair then the ACTIVE device goes over to Unit 002 but Unit 001 goes "Offline". (With Grid/Member showing "HA Member offline"

I have removed/re-added, even changed IP Address of one unit but same happens.

Any ideas most welcome

Thanks

Re: HA Broken?

Adviser
4383     0

You may want to check your switch configuration and make sure security is disabled for the ports that you are plugged into.  This is documented in the release notes and/or admin manual.  The reason is that when in HA, there is a virtual MAC that will float between the two appliances and port security can prevent the MAC from floating.

Re: HA Broken?

MBall
Techie
4383     0

Finally tracked down issue - wasnt port security but eventually found that PORTFAST was not enabled on the switch ports. So Spanning Tree was causing the issue.

Enabled Portfast and all burst into life

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You