Import/migrate BIND stealth zones to Infoblox possible?

cchao
Techie
4726     0

Hello,

I have 300+ zones in BIND which acts as a stealth/hidden master and would like to see if it's possible to migrate them to infoblox, either via import (e.g. zone files) or API, as it's not feasible to manually add hundreds of zones.

Thanks,

Chris

Highlighted

Re: Import/migrate BIND stealth zones to Infoblox possible?

Authority
4726     0
DIW is your friend http://ww2.infoblox.com/import/

Donald Rudder, CISSP
Principal Technical Account Manager
sent from mobile

cchao
Techie
4727     0

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the info. I gave it a shot and managed to import some zones, but it doesn't appear to have the ability to preserve existing NS records (as external primary) and only modify SOA to be the grid primary (if it must) while adding grid primary as a hidden master NS, does it?

Each zone has its own set of NS RRs and the 'replace' option in DIW isn't really useful in this case because we need to preserve existing NS RRs. If infoblox requires SOA to be the grid primary, we are fine with that; otherwise, we'd like to leave it untouched as well.

Thanks,

Chris

[ Edited ]
Authority
4727     0

Well if you are trying to add Infoblox as an external secondary and not migrate the zones to Infoblox, then I think you would be better off with the CSV Import Guide. Below is an example of Infoblox being an external secondary.

header-authzone,fqdn*,zone_format*,allow_active_dir,allow_query,allow_transfer,allow_update,allow_update_forwarding,comment,create_underscore_zones,ddns_principal_group,ddns_principal_tracking,ddns_restrict_patterns,ddns_restrict_patterns_list,ddns_restrict_protected,ddns_restrict_secure,ddns_restrict_static,disable_forwarding,disabled,external_primaries,external_secondaries,grid_primaries,grid_secondaries,is_multimaster,notify_delay,ns_group,prefix,_new_prefix,soa_default_ttl,soa_email,soa_expire,soa_mnames,soa_negative_ttl,soa_refresh,soa_retry,soa_serial_number,update_forwarding,view,zone_type
authzone,example.com,FORWARD,,,,,,,FALSE,,,,,,,,FALSE,FALSE,external-ns1.example.com/192.0.2.99/False/False/False/None/None/None,,,grid1-ns4.example.com/False/False/False,FALSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,default,Authoritative

Can you tell us more info about what you are hoping to accomplish? Are you making Infoblox a stealth or published secondary or prep-ing for a migration or something different? I would suggest you speak to your SE if you can’t discuss those kind of details here.

**  I attached the CSV as a file since the text box seems to have botched it pretty bad, but again you should probably consult the CSV Import Guide on the support portal

cchao
Techie
4727     0

Sorry for the belated response - currnetly we have bind as hidden master and are looking at the options to migrate to infoblox. We currently use an ddi solution from another vendor and if possible, we'd like to migrate both (another vendor + bind) to infoblox. With bind, we have both normal and dnssec zones, and I'm trying to figure out the migration path (again, from another ddi and bind, to infoblox), if any, and whether it provides sufficient benefits for us to migrate.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You