Infoblox Grid master unable to failover

morawat
Techie
2415     0

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in which whenever I try to failover Grid Master to the Passive node, it fails over and make it active. But as soon as old active node comes back it resumes to be active and make the old passive node back to passive.

Running code : 6.12.7

Has anyone observed this behavior in past?

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Infoblox Grid master unable to failover

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2415     0

Hello,

Could you please confirm which of the following actions is being performed to failover?

#1 Restarting the Active node
#2 Restarting both Active and Passive
OR
#3 Force HA Failover

For #1 and #2, there is no guarantee that the current active node will not become active again, upon its restart as it can dedfinitely come back up and resume being the Active node based on its priority value.

However, if #3 does not transition the current Active to Passive whilst there is proper VRRP communication, sounds like a defect or a communication problem.

Could you please confirm that both the nodes properly stay "Active" and "Passive" at all times, especially after the restart [failover], disregarding which one is Active/Passive?

Best Regards

Re: Infoblox Grid master unable to failover

CCox
Techie
2416     0

@morawat wrote:

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in which whenever I try to failover Grid Master to the Passive node, it fails over and make it active. But as soon as old active node comes back it resumes to be active and make the old passive node back to passive.

Running code : 6.12.7

Has anyone observed this behavior in past?

Thanks

I have seen this where the HA Port on the node that you have start off with as passive is not connected correctly.  Perhaps it is on the wrong VLAN or havving some sort of connectivity issue.

Craig

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You