Is there a WADL available?

community Employee
Employee
3910     0

There was a post earlier about if we are supporting WADL which I am reposting as a new thread. The question is: "Is a WADL Available?"

Re: Is there a WADL available

community Employee
Employee
3911     0

We do not have a WADL at this point. The WADL standard has not yet been finalized by W3C. We are trying to keep things simple. One could be produced if necessary. Do you need one or would it be a nice to have?

Re: Is there a WADL available?

ehrenko
Techie
3911     0

Has a WADL been published at this point?  I apologize in advance if this has been answered but i was not able to find reference to a WADL here or in the API doc.

Adviser
3911     0

We do not have WADL available at this point, but as of NIOS 7.1 we do have a schema available.  

curl -k1 -u ibuser -X GET https://[gridmaster]/wapi/v2.1/?_schema

will give you the list of WAPI versions and objects supported with WAPI 2.1

To get the schema of an object, put the object in the URI - e.g., curl -k1 -u ibuser -X GET https://[gridmaster]/wapi/v2.1/record:host?_schema will give you the schema for the host record object

Which tool(s) are you looking to use WADL with?

[ Edited ]
ehrenko
Techie
3911     0

SoapUI (best thing ever invented) to vet out the motions then moving the process into ServiceNow.  ServiceNow has some good out of the box REST utilities that make the process of creating the calls and adding them to workflow easy.

We appear to be on 1.4.1,  I am not involved in the upgrades or maintence of the app itself but will reach out to see if we have any plans on upgrading.

I should note that i am already able to utilize the api this question was more future state as we start to incorporate more functionality into the automated processes.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You