Accepted Solution

[NetMRI] Could not evaluate rule logic

dgttn
Techie
6573     1

Hello,

I need your help for my appliance NetMRI in compliance.

I have a policy using the raw XML editor and I have deployed this policy for a group.

NetMRI using this policy for check the compliance of my devices on this group.

But, the result of check for certain devices finished with status UNKNOWN..

Error message : Could not evaluate rule logic: No running configuration is available for this device.

However, on device viewer -> Configuration management I have the configuration file !

And when I run the policy manually, with the same device, I have a good result of compliance (pass, error, warning, ...)

Thank you for you help.

Regards

Re: [NetMRI] Could not evaluate rule logic

Expert
6573     1

I had a similar symptom for which I still have an open case.  One possible cauase was a race condition seen in 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 caused by a device becoming unlicensed and then quickly relicensed.  There is a hotfix for that.  But that was not my situation.

The cause of the "unknown", as listed in the PV detail was that the stored config was "out-of-date", even though SNMP polling (ccmHistory) showed that no changes had been made since the last stored revision.

Expert
6573     1

BTW, this topic really belongs in the Network Automation forum, not Security.

Highlighted

Adviser
6573     1
You should open a case for this.

dgttn
Techie
6574     1

Thank you.

I have also the devices with error message :

Could not evaluate rule logic: The running configuration for device is out-of-date. 
Last Retrieval Attempt: 2018-04-17 21:00:37 +0100, Last Successful Retrieval: , Running Config Last Change as reported by SNMP: 2018-03-20 19:01:20 +0100

Adviser
6574     1
That means it has never successfully gotten the configs. If you are seeing configs in the UI, then again you need a case. If not, then it is probably a CLI credentials issue.

dgttn
Techie
6574     1

Thank you.

Yes, I have the configs in the UI. But the same error message.

So, I have open a case for this issue.

Regards.

Expert
6574     1

I to am getting this error message on 7.3.1.  The UI has a config shown, and the last checked date/time is updated.  I changed the config and forced a new getconfig, but the config didn't update.

The creditials are good.

Did the opened case get completed and a fix issued?

Thanks,

Expert
6574     1

Lon,

For comparison in the config collection, have you tried forcing a "Discover Now" on the device?  That runs the internal CCS script which is used for config collection of various device types.

Expert
6574     1

I did the discover now and everything looked like it collected correctly, even the config, but no new config is showing in the Config Explorer.

something else could be amiss here, since it is our lab environment.  I may need to open a case on it.

Thanks,

Lon.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You