Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Security

Highlighted

Problem searching DHCP hosts

Techie
2384     0

I'm looking to search/dump host info on our large/convoluted network.

I have $session->search(object => "Infoblox:Smiley Very HappyNS::Host") working fine, but that doesn't get the DHCP hosts.

I extended my code to have another section doing: $session->search(object => "Infoblox:Smiley Very HappyHCP::HostAddr"), but that fails with 1001:General failure getting object type 'Infoblox:Smiley Very HappyHCP::HostAddr'. Am I missing something simple, or being dense?  I've tried both "search" and "get".

Infoblox version 6.8.2-214008.

Highlighted

Problem searching DHCP hosts

Adviser
2384     0

There is no DHCP::HostAddr that you need to search for.  DNS::Host will return ALL hosts in the system since they are the same construct.

You could optionally search for DHCP::FixedAddr to find Fixed Addresses AND Hosts that have reserved DHCP addresses.

Highlighted

Respectfully, I've tried to

Techie
2384     0

Respectfully, I've tried to query DNS::Host -- and it returns hosts with static entries. For example, one of our subnets is defined for DHCP workstations-- If I search DNS::Host, I get the 3 (static) router entries and one host using FixedAddr. I do NOT get the 200+ workstations  on that net.

The 6.8 API docs have two examples under DHCP / HostAddr section of the manual that perform DHCP::HostAddr searches. I was hoping that would give me the non-static hosts.

Highlighted

This seems to work...

Techie
2384     0

I searched on  Infoblox:Smiley Very HappyNS::Record::A, and that seems to get the DHCP/Dynamic hosts.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You