Highlighted

Zone Transfer

JSingh
Techie
5331     0

Hi All,I've two infoblox appliance 550-A, configured as primary & secondary i.e. one as grid master other one as member, and configured as Authoritative DNS.But the zone transfer is not working between these two appliance, tried all the option to configure for zone transfer but its not working.Please let me know if anybody have the solution for this issue. or how to check the root cause for this issue.Thanks....Jay

Re: Zone Transfer

user42
Techie
5332     0
Jay,DNS zone and record information between grid members is not shared via zone transfers. The dns information is synchronized via bloxsync(grid communication). In a setup where you have a grid of one grid master and DNS primary and one member as secondary DNS there is no need to configure zone transfers, just configure the correct servers (grid members) in the Name Server Group or direct in the zone properties and the DNS zones and records will be shared. Is there a specific reason you want these grid members to communicate using (less safe and not encrypted) zone transfers?Best regards, Bregt

Re: Zone Transfer

JSingh
Techie
5332     0
Thanks Bregt.....Yes, I was doing some testing between the two IBs-550 in a grid, but was not successful on zone transfer....as you said we could use bloxsync in grid communication, but it's in HA might be or we could use in any option in grid.And zone transfer only work with normal scenario i.e. without grid or ?Thanks....Jay
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You