Support Central: KB 5664: Network Event that includes interaction with NetMRI Infoblox solution
If you are planning a network migration and/or upgrade which impacts your Infoblox solution, we recommend contacting your local SE for resource guidance and best practices recommendations.
In terms of support, we recommend creating a place holder incident prior to the planned event. Infoblox has a specific list of information we recommend collecting and adding to the place holder incident case notes.
In the event of an issue during your planned event please call the Infoblox support line and reference your incident case number. Please clearly state the impact to your business along with the symptoms you are experiencing.
These recommendations will help in mitigating potential issues prior to your planned event and in the case that an issue does occur, our support agents can respond quickly to help regain stability. This data may also expedite recovery or rollback if required.
*Note: Generally, support does not assist side by side with scheduled upgrades and maintenance events. Depending on contract levels and particular situations support does participate in internal Infoblox technical discussions with regards to pre-planning and recommended procedures. Infoblox does offer cost base programs such as professional services. Please consult your local sales team for the best options.
NETMRI -- data
- Scheduled Date
- Scheduled Time
- Primary Contacts
- Did you contact your local SE? (probably not needed)
- Have you followed Release Notes?
- Specific Infoblox Appliance or VM
- Standalone or OC
- If OC number of Collectors and appliance type(model)
- Current Software Version
- Upgrade Version
- List of DSB installed (if any)
- Data Base Backup (If yes, Is the backup available locally or remotely?)
- Are you running any scripts through our API?
- Do you have sandbox configured? If yes, is it local or remote sandbox.
- Check license of all the appliance involved in the upgrade. Verify it has correct maintenance
- Are there any hotfixes installed.( If not sure, provide an output of 'Show UpdateHistory' from CLI)
- Any past upgrade failure history
- Brief summary of planned event
- Type of event - Upgrade
- Method of Procedure