VMware

Highlighted

Configuring Infoblox IPAM plug-in 4.0 with vRealize Automation 7.1

[ Edited ]
Adviser
6977     1

This video will show you step by step how to configure the Infoblox IPAM plug-in 4.0 to provide IPAM and DNS automation for VMs using vRA 7.1 and vRO 7.1. The video covers IPAM plug-in 4.0 configuration using both an Infoblox DDI “WAPI” user account as well as a “Cloud API” user account. It covers how IPAM plug-in 4.0 works with Infoblox Network Views and DNS Views. Moreover, it covers how IPAM plug-in 4.0 can work with NSX through vRA 7.1 to provision the IP address of an NSX load balancer to automate the process of load balancing HTTP traffic between two VMs. The video also covers vRA 7.1 scale-out and scale-in use cases and will end with a quick IPAM plug-in troubleshooting section.

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Re: Configuring Infoblox IPAM plug-in 4.0 with vRealize Automation 7.1

defman
Techie
6978     1
Hello Eric, Thank you for your guide, it's very useful to get anyone started with configuring a private cloud IaaS environment and integrate it with Infoblox. I do have a question though, is the 4.0.1 plugin fully compatible with vRA/vRO 7.2 as well? I've done all the configs, my tenant is properly configured, I do have a template in the catalog that would be provisioned otherwise well with VMware as the IPAM endpoint, but everytime I'm using the Infoblox Endpoint with the proper Network Profile it would throw out and error saying the "Host name is invalid (Workflow: Reserve IP in network/Validate inputs (item9)#56)" in Orchestrator and "IPAM Provider Error: {"code":1005,"message":"Error allocating IP address(es) because list of available IP ranges is exhausted"} (Dynamic Script Module name : throwIpamError#28)" in vRealize Automation 7.2. Everything should be properly configured as I used both the User Guide for 4.0.1 and your videos. Let me know if you have any ideas as I'm surely missing something here. Thank you!

defman
Techie
6978     1
This is now fixed, the issue was caused by wrong data in the domain name field in Infoblox. Thanks!

LEdwards
Techie
6978     1

Will these instructions applu to vRealize version 7.3?

Adviser
6978     1

LEdwards wrote:

Will these instructions applu to vRealize version 7.3?

There have been some changes to the setup for the plugin which reduce the steps required and make it much easier to install. You can find detailed instructions for the setup process in the user guide which is included with the plugin.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You